1.Which of the following is an endothermic reaction?
condensation of steam
the reaction in a cold pack
combustion of methane
2. A copper block (20°C) is placed in contact with a lead block (30°C), which is already in contact with an iron block (70°C). Which of the following will happen?
Heat will flow from the copper to the lead to the iron until the temperatures are equal.
Heat will flow from the iron to the lead and from the lead to the copper until the temperatures are equal.
Heat will flow from the copper to the lead and from the iron to the lead until the temperatures are equal.
Heat will flow from the lead to the copper and to the iron until the temperatures are equal.
4. In the coffee-cup calorimeter you used in the laboratory, which of the following statements is true?
The water is the system and the ice is the variable.
The foam cups are not part of the system.
The water is part of the system.
The foam cups are the only part of the system.
5. Hydrogen gas explodes when burned with oxygen gas. Where does this energy come from?
kinetic energy of the hydrogen molecules
kinetic energy of the oxygen molecules
chemical bonds between hydrogen atoms and between oxygen atoms
work done on both oxygen and glucose molecules
6. What is the difference between an exothermic and an endothermic reaction?
Endothermic reactions release heat.
There are no changes in heat during either reaction.
Exothermic reactions absorb heat.
Endothermic reactions absorb heat.
7. Which of the following is an endothermic process?
rusting a nail in water
dissolving acetic acid in water
mixing strong hydrochloric acid and strong ammonium hydroxide
melting ice in water
8. Air flows according to differences in thermal energy. If a warm air mass is located in the northeast United States and a cold air mass is located in the southwest United States, from which direction will the winds blow?
9. Two liquids of different temperatures are separated by a barrier. The hot liquid is on the left side and the cold one is on the right side. Which of the following describes how the molecules move in heat flow?
Molecules from the left collide and transfer heat to the barrier, which transfers heat to the right side.
Molecules from the right collide and transfer heat to the barrier, which transfers heat to the left side.
Molecules from the left collide and transfer heat directly to the right side.
Molecules from the right collide and transfer heat directly to the right side.
10. A chemical reaction is carried out in a closed container. The energy absorbed by the chemical reaction is 100 kJ. How much thermal energy moves inward from the air or the walls of the container?
11. Which of the following is the abbreviation for a unit of energy?
- Jared Leto says first reaction to VMA Noms was "Holy f—ing …
- Family Health Avenue » Blog Archive » The Benefits of Oxygen …
- Physical activity found to reduce iron levels in women, and why …
- White Heat « Reluctant Memsahib
- The Latest Buzz About Copper Pots And Pans | Food and Drink …
- hu-tui.com » Blog Archive » The metal of Mitsui develops the …
- Schedule Watching: Heat or Cavs on Opening Night??? | Boston …
- The Embargo System in Science News Needs Some Peer Review | Xconomy
- Does Traditional Home Insurance Have Coverage on Water Damage …
- Radar Images Reveal Tons of Water Likely at the Lunar Poles …
- SLAM ONLINE | » Opening Night: Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics
- Denso 234-9009 Oxygen Sensor (Air and Fuel Ratio Sensor) | World …
- Reid: Back to the Drawing Board for Energy Bill | RedState
- Rick Scott Continues to Lead Bill McCollum in Florida | RedState
- H2O – A world without water | Quant Network
- Other Side of Productivity | Productivity501
- EMMYS: Q&A With Lead Comedy Actor Nominee Jim Parsons – Deadline.com
- Oxygen & Wildfires: Clues to Early Life
- Open Water At The North Pole | Watts Up With That?
- Amare Stoudemire's Israeli interview; Henry Abbott's reaction …